Environmental Enterprises are Importers/wholesalers based in Sydney of fully certified compostable catering & packaging products. Supply Australia wide to Govt Depts, private enterprise, schools, Uni’s, Tafes, Clubs, Restaurants, Catering outlets, Festivals, Shows & the general consumer.
A family owned & operated environmental packaging company since 1997 & the first in Australia. Original suppliers to the Sydney Olympic Games (2000) & Melbourne Commonwealth Games (2006)
Environmental Enterprises is a certified Carbon Neutral Business (CRI), member of the ABA (Australasian Bioplastics Assoc),WMAA (Waste Management Assoc of Aust),Compost Australia(CA)
SEA(Sustainable Event Alliance),Zero Waste Aust, and a signatory to the Australian Packaging Covenant(APC)
Sugarcane Fibre products
Our Sugarcane fibre products are made from bagasse, the pulp material remaining after the extraction of the sugar-bearing juice from sugarcane. This fibre by-product can be turned into products normally made from plastic or paper and avoids the pollution from the normal burning of sugarcane pulp after juice extraction. Sugarcane is a readily renewable resource
These products have no plastic or wax coating and are a far superior alternative to polystyrene, plastic and paper products.
The sugarcane fibre products are fully compostable. These products will usually compost within 30 days in a commercial composting facility and 90 days in a home composting system.
Our preference is to carry unbleached products (a natural light brown colour) where possible and we are moving towards this as more product lines become available. However, some product lines are only available bleached (white).
- suitable for hot and cold food (not under direct flame)
- microwave safe
- complies with US FDA specifications (US FDA 21 CFR 176.170)
PLA Cold Clear Cups, Containers, bottles, lids & Straws
Our clear products are made from PLA which stands for “Polylactide” and is produced by Natureworks, LLC. It is derived from corn sugar or dextrose that comes from plants with starch. The dextrose is fermented and distilled into lactic acid. The lactic acid is then transformed into plastic-like resin called PLA, which can be used in conventional plastic machines. PLA comes from renewable resources.
The PLA products are compostable. These products will usually compost within 47 days in a commercial composting facility and may take 12 months or more in a home composting system. Best results in a commercial composting facility.
Cold PLA products have a temperature resistance between -20º to 50ºC.
They are NOT suitable for hot liquids. Has shelf life of 2-5yrs.
Our clear containers are comparable in strength and weight to normal plastic, yet they are made from readily renewable resources. They are compostable as compared to the petroleum based plastic items which are polluting and do not break down.
- suitable for cold drinks/food only
- can go in a fridge & freezer safe to -40C
- certified compostable to ASTM D6400 (US standard)
- can be printed or unprinted
Our standard cutlery range is made from a cellulose based polymer, which is predominantly composed of natural resource materials. Its performance is similar to conventional thermoplastics but is completely biodegradable & compostable. All our cutlery range comes from readily renewable resources.
These products will usually compost within 180 days in a commercial composting facility and may take 12 months or more in a home/school composting system. Best results are achieved in a commercial composting facility.
Our cutlery products are sturdy as compared to the petroleum based plastic cutlery which are polluting and do not break down.
- Suitable for hot and cold liquids and food up to 85 degrees
- Certified compostable to DIN EN 13432 (European standard) and ASTM D6400 (US standard)
Our compostable bags are made from Mater-Bi, a corn starch based polymer & are manufactured in Australia
These products will usually compost within 10 to 45 days when in contact with optimal composting conditions. Shelf life of 2-5yrs
- Suitable for organic waste
- Certified compostable to EN13432 (European standard) and ASTM D6400 (US standard) & AS 4736 Aust Std(commercial composting) & AS 5810 Aust Std(home composting)
- Can be printed or unprinted
- Custom made to your requirements
- Based on renewable resources
- Certified as biodegradable & compostable in an industrial composting environment to EN 13432,ASTM D6400,Din Certco, BPI & AS 4736
- Pending certification for compostable in a home composting environment AS 4454/2012
- Excellent moisture barrier
- Heat-sealable on both sides
- Formulated for enhanced print & conversion receptivity
- Excellent transparency & gloss
- Superb dead-fold properties
- Controlled slip characteristics
- Good barrier to gases & aroma
- Resistant to oils & greases
- Cold-seal compatible
For more infornmation on our customer’s products, contact Wayne on (02) 9634 5697/0417 206 755 firstname.lastname@example.org
Trackback from your site.